Android app push notifications have stopped working

Push notifications on Android have stopped working for me for the last few weeks (still working fine on iOS devices). I have followed the steps in another post to clear app data, uninstall the app, restart the device etc but they are still not working. Is there a general issue with the Android push notification service?

@msardi23,

I haven’t heard of any reports of outages for Android users that has lasted for that long (although there is a service advisory at the moment.

Would you mind reaching out directly to Canary support with your device, app, Canary device, and Android versions and see if they can help out? The information on doing that is below.

At this time I would recommend that you submit a ticket to Canary’s support team so that they can take a look at your specific device(s) and assist in figuring this out.

There are a few different ways you can contact support if you would prefer a faster response during business hours, you can find details about that here.

A few tips when submitting your ticket:

• Include the email you use on your Canary login as your contact email so Canary can find your account quickly.
  • If you have multiple Canary devices, include this information and detail which models you are having issue with.
  • Include any pictures or videos that might help diagnose the issue you are having.
  • Be as detailed and clear as you can in your description to help Canary diagnose your issue.
  • Say what you have already tried and how you did it, this may help speed up your time to a fix.
  • Include a link to this topic if it contains additional information from other users that might help Canary.

I’d recommend going through the troubleshooting suggestions in this article to see if there’s a phone or app setting you’re missing that’s causing the problem:

Why don’t I receive notifications from Canary?

If that doesn’t help please do submit a ticket as @Zev suggested and our support team will help you get to the bottom of it :slight_smile:

Thanks Angie - I did follow those steps but no luck. Android push notifications had been working for me without issue. I guess it was a recent update that must have changed something here. Notifications on my iOS devices are working ok. I will raise a support ticket when I get a chance.