Are there issues or an outage now?

It is 11:15am AST on April 21st, 2017. Are there issues with the Canary system now? I cannot connect to my camera and it keeps setting itself to private. Wondering what is up.

Thanks,

same here. it did that to me and now won’t even let me log in after trying to log in and out and gets stuck at authorization spinning wheel.

Glad it is not just me. My Arlo camera system will be here today. Will keep my Canary online, but hoping the Arlo Pros work well too. Assuming an outage? They need an outage page to keep customers informed.

Our engineers are currently investigating an issue causing delays in mode changes, video creation and notifications. Please check our Status Page for additional detail and updates. Thanks for your patience while we work on getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

I can’t get passed the insurance pop up. Press skip and it jumps right back up.

Yeah, my phone keeps blowing up with with motion detection’s every two minutes. It also wont let me save any changes that I’ve made. I can’t look at video on the all-in-one or my flex. I even tried to change each device to private so I’m not constantly blown up with notifications at work today. I go back to check the device and it didn’t even save those feature. I’m stuck with basically an email blast from Canary every few minutes. Canary has got to be the most worthless device and platform I’ve ever experienced. No one ever actually helps or solves a problem. I wish I would’ve bought an Arlo. Anything at this point is better than Canary’s P.O.S.

Hi @hushpuppy85,

I’m very sorry for the frustrating experience. We have all hands on deck working to restore service as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may want to turn off the notification permission to Canary so your app is not spamming you with alerts. If you have an iPhone, you can do that with these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
  2. Scroll down and tap Canary in the list of apps.
  3. Tap Notifications.
  4. Switch Allow Notifications to the off position (gray).

You can follow the same steps to switch notifications back on once the issue is resolved.

Thank you again for your patience as we investigate this issue.

When these outages happens will we still have access to recorded video?

HI also having the same issues … delete the App on ISO phone turned the phone off
Re-booted and down loaded new App hoping this would resolve now unable to log back into Canary just freezes on authorisation ?

I haven’t received any notifications for almost 2 hours now. Is there an estimated time it will be back up?

I’m having issues too - light keeps flashing and then going constant as if recording…

Seems to be back up now

Please keep an eye on https://status.canary.is/ for the latest updates.

We are still working through some residual effects of an Amazon AWS hardware issue earlier today. We have made updates to address the issue with app connectivity, and watch live service has been restored.

Dave

Back up this afternoon … thanks for all the info and updates!

All systems are now operational. Thank you again for your patience with us through this service interruption.

Is the AWS issue also the cause of the numerous status notifications I received this morning? My entire family left our house at about 7:05 am (CDST) this morning. When I checked my timeline later, in the 14 minutes between 7:32 am and 7:46 am, there were 36 notifications that every member of my family had left home multiple times!!!

This was likely caused by the issues we were having this morning. If you’re continuing to see similar problems, please submit a ticket to our support team and they’d be happy to investigate into what could be going wrong.