Are you still watching?

Greetings,

My wife and I bought our Canary as a baby monitor because the picture is so clear in night vision. Unfortunately, every half hour it stops and a pop up comes up saying “Are you still watching?” and we have to hit “Yes, I’m still watching” for it to continue to work.

Is there any way we can disable that? There’s no way we can use it while we try to sleep if it shuts off every half hour.

Thanks for any help!

Ben

Hey there @melben,

At the moment there is no way to disable this, however I am moving this topic to our feature requests section so you and others can help improve Canary down the road

I too would love to see this be an option on both iOS and TvOS! I think it would be a valuable feature!

I’ve also purchased a Canary Flex (and received a Canary All-In-One as a gift) for baby monitoring and was very surprised when the “Are you still watching?” prompt appeared. I want to be able to set my iPad on its stand when I go to bed and have an uninterrupted live feed of audio and video from my daughter’s nursery—otherwise this product is pointless for me to even own.

We also purchased a canary to use as a baby monitor, and this feature makes it almost un-usable for that purpose. Really hoping you can find a way to disable the “are you still watching?” feature. Also, a web interface would be very helpful so we could use our laptop or work computers to access Canary.

Hi Canary!
Please take off the “Are you still watching?” mode so this could be used as a baby monitor. Sales people from department stores are selling this as a baby monitor. We have two of these and neither one can be used for it’s purchased purpose. Having a “baby monitor” mode would be great, but I’d be happy with removing the “Are you still watching?”. I see so much potential and I really believe in this product. Please don’t disappoint. Thank you!!!

I too invested in the Canary Home Security cameras and now have 3 AIO and 1 Flex which we purchased to use as a baby monitor. I see many recommendations which should take little to no time to fix for the growing community of Canary owners, this being one of them. I sadly continue to see many features be limited or pulled only to force owners to purchase memberships. Please Canary, listen to your customer base and make these functions available and functional to our needs.

Add my vote to address this limitation. A very silly “feature” to have in the first place for a security cam, and it would seem that this could be easily and quickly addressed. Thanks!

I have a Canary Flex watching my front door. I would also like to use an old iPad as a device to monitor the front door, but this prompt prevents me from doing that. Also, the Canary app should automatically start up in rotated mode when the iPad is on its side. Having to manually rotate to portrait mode, then landscape every time you launch the app is not convenient.

Is this feature request in the works? I owned canary cameras and just purchased a third for a baby monitor. I’m very disappointed to learn about the “are you still watching?” promtp. I need to have the audio and video on all night.