Auto Mode Switch not working

I have the Canary set up in my living room and have recently experienced more issues than usual from auto mode switching. I live alone and am the only one on the account. I have night mode set up from midnight to 6am. However, if I wake up at 9am, I see it has not changed to Home mode unless I switch it manually. Another issue I experience is the Canary not recognizing when I arrive home. I could be home for an hour, and the Canary will not swtich from Away Mode to Home Mode unless I switch it manually.

I know Auto-Mode switch is ON and I do have good cell and WiFi reception in my home, so that is not the issue. Any other suggestions?

Hi @Chris,

I’d start off by going through the suggestions in this Help Center article:

Why doesn’t Canary know when I arrive or leave?

If that doesn’t help, could you let me know the make and model of your smartphone so I can provide additional suggestions?

I have tried the suggestions on this page, but I’m still having these issues. This morning my Canary was scheduled to switch from night mode to home mode at 6am, but it was 7am and would not switch unless I did so manually. This should be a simple task for the app. It is accurate recognizing when I leave home, but not when I return. I have no other devices either.

I am using a Huawei Nexus 6P phone with Android 7.1.1

Thank you

Hi Chris,

There is a known issue with Night mode effecting a small percentage of customers where the schedule is not ending properly. Our engineering team is working on it and we hope to have it resolved soon. We’ll provide an update when it’s fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Dave

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Auto switching isn’t working, even with time scheduling

I have just recently had my Canary not switch into away mode when I leave the house. It shows me as leaving. I also have auto changeover turned on. My Iphone has location serviced turned on.
So I have removed all members now but my own, to see if it was a conflict with another users setup…
Just lost as to why it does not switch over to AWAY mode now??
Look forward to any info or suggestions?