Auto switching mode in an RV

I live in an RV, I’d like the canary flex to switch between home and armed when I leave the vehicle. I was under the impression that this could be done by syncing to the bluetooth on my phone…

All I can find is autoswitch tied directly to a physical address. Can the canary flex not arm and disarm based on the vicinity of my phone via bluetooth?

Hey @Securitychick,

I am going to tag @angie to jump into this conversation as well, but, from my knowledge Canary uses a variety of different methods to detect proximity and enable or disable your home/away modes. The primary options are done through exiting and entering the area with the specific device connected to a network (WiFi, LTE, 3G Etc.) . I am unsure if Bluetooth is used as part of this, but, Bluetooth does not have the same range and could create a lot of false positives if you were only connected that way.

The best way I have found is to have the location set correctly with the smallest radius setting.

I am also including FAQs below that should help explain this in more detail.

Hi @Securitychick,

While the Canary All-in-One and Canary Flex do both have Bluetooth capability, this isn’t used for auto-mode switching. Auto-mode switching is handled via geofencing and location services on your phone.

You could potentially still use this feature on your RV, but you’d need to update the geofence location every time the RV is moved. You can do that with these steps:

1. Open the Canary app.
  2. Tap the three bars in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. Swipe to the Location that you want to adjust the geofence for.
  4. Tap the top Details option.
  5. Tap Edit geofence.
  6. Tap Edit position.
  7. Tap the green arrow to center the geofence to your current coordinates.
  8. Tap Save Position.
  9. Tap Save Changes.

If you’d also like to adjust the size of the geofence, use these steps:

1. Open the Canary app.
  2. Tap the three bars in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. Swipe to the Location that you want to adjust the geofence for.
  4. Tap the top Details option.
  5. Tap Edit geofence.
  6. Tap Edit size.
  7. Tap Small, Medium, or Large.
  8. Tap Save Size.

Hope that helps!