Can I use my Canaries without using the Canary Cloud?

It looks like Canary is having growing pains. I have access to Canaries in three different cities and every one of them is down right now.

Not even Timeline works, so it’s obvious that Canaries’ servers are at fault.

This is not the first time that Canary has gone dark. Now I’m a little nervous about Canary’s ability to scale up their operation.

Is there a way to bypass Canary’s servers and access the video locally?

Hi @bhummel99,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. At this time service has been fully restored, and you should be able to access the Canary app and Watch Live or stream video without issue.

I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to access your cameras. We know you are relying on us for security and that providing a stable service is extremely important. Whenever we experience an issue like this, once service is up and running we do fully investigate the cause of the issue to avoid any future occurrences.

Many of the features of your Canary rely on the Canary Cloud to function. For example, the ability to adjust the motion notification sensitivity relies on your video being uploaded to our cloud servers in order for the video to be analyzed by our computer vision algorithms. For this reason we don’t currently give you the option to use the Canary with any kind of local storage. That said I will be sharing your thoughts on this with the team to consider.

If you have any other feedback or questions please don’t hesitate to let us know.