Canary All-in-One, Canary Flex, Canary View - 4.0.0 Release Notes

All Canary devices, including Canary All-in-One, Canary Flex, and Canary View, will be updated to firmware version 4.0.0. Firmware updates are staggered for security reasons, so devices will be updated over the course of the next two weeks.

Version 4.0.0 includes:

• Updated motion sensitivity.
  • Minor adjustments to the lights and sounds of all Canary devices.
  • Various bug fixes and stability improvements.

How can I get my 2 AIO’s to 4.0.0?

Hey @DKK,

These updates are staggered to devices for security reasons, as a result you should get the update sometime in the next week and a half. If that does not happen, please feel free to reach out to Canary directly and Submit A Ticket

Hi,

my front door camera has missed the 4.0.0 update due to some issues we was having which support has resolved. Can you push the update to that camera please? All my other cameras have received the update apart from this one.

Thanks.

Hey @JayTheBearded, as mentioned above, you’ll need to Submit A Ticket to have then do this.

Hey there,

One Canary received the update, the other did not. Should I just wait? Or should both have come at the same time?

Thanks

They are staggered for devices, not accounts. The other one should be updated soon.

Ridiculous, STILL no Apple HomKit support even though Apple now does software based HomeKit authentication!!! Whatever happened to Canary Plus anyhow?!

When will we see Canary All In One support open standards, such as ONVIF, RTSP HTML5?

I want to connect with it using 3rd party software, such as SecuritySpy on Mac.
http://www.bensoftware.com/securityspy/helpcameralist.html#

Upgrade to 4.0 Flex Has issues . I Have 2, 1 will not charge and the other will not go to night vision . Has yellow screen and no picture. Also it shows no WYFI , but it is connected. Somebody please reload firmware. They worked perfect until upgrade Please HELP

How do I go back to Previous firmware untill issues are resolved.

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out, we definitely want to assist with getting your Flex devices working properly again. If you haven’t already, I would recommend contacting our support team via one of the methods detailed here. We’re not aware of any current issues with the firmware, but in the case the devices do need to be downgraded they will be able to assist.

Best,
Sean

Has there been any issues with 4.0.0 release re canary flex going offline as soon as it goes on battery / wont wake up? If it is plugged in there are no issues.

We’re not aware of any widespread issues causing what you are describing on the recent firmware. If you haven’t already, I would recommend contacting our support team via one of the methods detailed here.

Thanks Sean. I had already submitted a support ticket. Waiting for a reply.

Once I updated my latest app it messed up my video… It will not let me see live videos from either one of my canary devices now. Do you know how to fix this?

Hey @Lizie
Can you confirm which version of the app you are using at this time and what version of your operating system you are running on your device?

If it is iOS 12, make sure you have the latest release of the Canary App.