Canary All-in-One firmware 2.2.0/2.2.1 release notes

Update: Firmware version 2.2.1 has been released to fix a bug that was preventing a limited number of devices from sucessfully updating to version 2.2.0.

Canary All-In-One devices will be updated to firmware version 2.2.0. Firmware updates are staggered for security reasons, so devices will be updated over the course of the next week.

Version 2.2.0 includes:

• Support for enabling Watch Live while recording is off in Home mode (requires app version 2.9.0 or higher)
  • Various bug fixes and stability improvements

Will this update also be pushed out to flex models?
I hope the bug fixes address a lot of the issues everyone seems to have (same issues) including me. Is there a list of what bug fixes are squashed?

Thanks.

Hi @mc183,

The Flex 2.2.0 release will arrive shortly and will also feature support for enabling Watch Live while recording is off in Home mode.

That release does feature some connectivity and networking enhancements, so we hope that your experience improves.

Thanks,
Andy

Is the 2.2.0 firmware related to the “New Free Plan Experience” announced by Canary last week?

Hi @Scott,

The 2.2.0 firmware is required in order to enable Watch Live while recording is off in Home mode, but it is not otherwise related to the updates to customers with Free Access.

Thanks,
Andy

Thanks, Andy… I was hoping that I’d be able to use the firmware version on my AIO to determine whether my Free Access features had been updated…

Ok I have a question, my 3 canary’s I have have just been updated and now it won’t let me switch on record when at home, I use this as cameras point to external points of my home that I wish to be monitored weather at home or not, it really feels like the last update where you automatically changed everyone’s config back to do not record when home and now this firmware that everyone is being squeezed towards your subscription plan in a very forceful manner, rendering those who do not wish to be on a subscription service left with devices that just no longer work for them unless we keep paying you, can you please comment on this or correct me if I’m wrong because currently I can not change my setting to record when at home as it just directs me to your activate membership page

Unfortunately, Canary rolled out its new “New Free Plan Experience” for my All in One unit yesterday (10/3) before pushing the 2.2.0 firmware upgrade. As a result, my unit no longer records in Home Mode, Night Mode is now disabled, and the “Watch Live” feature promised in Canary’s 9/28 email doesn’t work.

Is this a bug with the update?

Canary states canary firmware successfully updated after that no motion is being notified is the system still down or is there something I need to do to get notifications, this firmware update seems to have made things worse. Any help please

I believe the issue is due to them not being prepared for the amount of data after this latest update. It amounts to technical incompetence in their Amazon Web Services engineering.

They removed a free feature or two which is causing users to enable their cameras to be always on and recording thus an increase is the amount of data that needs to be processed. If that’s not the issue then its must be a development problem with the latest updates.

Hello. I have one camera which was off during the week after the update was rolled out. When can I expect the update to happen now that it is back online?

Best

Simon