Canary All-in-One night vision not activating

Since the recent firmware update, one of my Canary devices has lost its night vision. Still works okay during daytime but at night the picture is all black suggesting the infra red night vision is not working. Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem?

Canary Flex firmware 1.0.4 release notes

@northchris Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you’re seeing in night vision now?

Angie
I have attached a screenshot from the Canary camera in night vision on a separate email as unable to attach to this reply. The light you can see is around the edge of a door. This camera works during daytime and until a couple of days ago worked in night vision. My other Canary camera is working fine.
Regards
Chris Dempster

@northchris Would you mind providing a screenshot of the same area in daylight? If you happen to still have a video from before, a shot of what it looked like at night time before the update would also be super helpful!

@northchris Thanks for sharing those screenshots! It definitely looks like your night vision isn’t activating properly. Can you try these steps to try and force the night vision to activate?:

1. Cover the Canary Flex completely with a thick towel or blanket to block all light.
  2. Wait a few seconds.
  3. Remove the cover and immediately shine a flashlight directly into the camera lens.

After this, test and see if night vision is working properly in a dark room. If not, can you let me know if the red IR light is turning on when it’s dark? Do you hear any “click” sound from the unit when it switches into night vision?

Angie,

Followed your instructions to attempt to get the night vision to activate but had no success. The red IR light is not turning on when dark, but the unit is clicking when switching into night vision mode. Look forward to further discussion about this, but in the UK so off to bed now due to early start in the morning!

Regards

Chris Dempster

Angie,

Following my e-mails yesterday, wondering if you have any further information on how I can overcome the night vision problem with one of my my Canary cameras.

regards

Chris Dempster

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your patience. It seems like your Canary Flex is in a state where night vision is not activating for some reason. I’d like to have you try powering the Flex off and back on, and if that fails do a power cycle reset.

You can find instructions on how to do both of these things here:

How do I reset Canary Flex?

If you’re still not able to get night vision working after this, would you mind sending me a DM we can dig in further?

Angie,

My device is not a Canary Flex and does not have a back button described in the instructions you gave which are for resetting a Canary Flex. My devices are the indoor Canary devices with camera, siren and air monitoring. I have again tried several times to reset the one device which does not have the IR night vision working, but with no success.

Regards

Chris Dempster

@northchris My apologies! I saw that you responded to the Canary Flex firmware thread and just assumed you were talking about a Flex.

In that case, you can ignore my last set of instructions. Instead, to powercycle your Canary All-in-One, simply unplug it from power for about 30 seconds to a minute, then plug it back in and let it reboot.

If this still doesn’t resolve the issue, please submit a ticket to our support team so we can look more specifically at your device and what might be going on.