Canary & Apple HomeKit

After Apple opened up the opportunity making hardware work with HomeKit by updating the software which need to or approved by Apple. Are there any planes making Canary available via HomeKit?

@Felix, I have merged your post into this topic as others also would love to see this! Thanks for the feedback!

Is there any update to the timing? I really would like to know.

Please add an update regarding HomeKit support!

This is an added value service that would convince me joining the membership program. With the lower barriers regarding the requirements for HomeKit Apple set with the newest iOS update I see no reason why the original all-in-one device can not be supported.

I just added z-wave devices to HomeKit this week based on HomeBridge which implements a HomeKit gateway product in pure software. There is no hardware necessary to support HomeKit. Of course the HomeBridge software is not certified, however this is something Canary could do.

This is the only thing holding me back from buying many Canaries for my entire house. The Logitech Circle, Netatmo Presence/Welcome and D-Link Omna are all good alternatives that support HomeKit even without a membership.

The Canary Plus was meant to be released back in autumn 2016. Please can canary confirm if this is still being developed or are they going to allow HomeKit support through software as Apple have made this possible?

I home that Canary will finally made HomeKit integration. All my devices are integrated with HomeKit, and use Siri to control them (even Nest, which doesn’t support HomeKit natively, but works through Homebridge).

Lack of HomeKit integration is a big miss for Canary, especially when there are so many HomeKit-compatible cameras on the market for the same price. I want to create automations like “Person detected near the front door -> Turn on the light on Philips Hue” etc.

Just want to check again if there will be any chance for integrating Apple HomeKit in the Canary environment.
Apple opened up the systems a long time ago for existing systems like Canary so please give us any feedback or hint if the integration ins planed.

I am looking to buy a Canary but I want HomeKit support. Has nothing changed in the two years since they announced a new product to support HomeKit? Apple opened up HomeKit to software authentication over a year ago and still nothing as well. For privacy minded people Apple Homekit is the only home automation I am interested in.

I would recommend looking elsewhere. I really loved my Canary when I got it back in 2015 (or was it 2014?), but they have really stalled over the past 3-4 years IMHO.

There are examples on this forum of people asking for capabilities and features and waiting YEARS for any kind of meaningful response. HomeKit support, API access, etc. That’s never good.