Canary Flex firmware 3.1.0 release notes

All Canary Flex devices will be updated to firmware version 3.1.0. Firmware updates are staggered for security reasons, so devices will be updated over the course of the week.

Version 3.1.0 includes:

• Masking support! Requires mobile app version 2.14.0
  • Updated motion sensitivity
  • Various bug fixes and stability improvements

Looks like my firmware update may have hung up last night…Any way to get the firmware pushed out to my AIO again? Thanks!

Hi @Beefitking,

I checked your devices and they are all running the latest firmware. Version 3.1.0 only applies to Flex devices. Your AIO is running the latest version available 3.0.1.

Thanks,
Dave

Two of my Flex updated this morning. The third has shown “Update in Progress” for about 12 hours now. It shows V3.0.0.

You should be all set now @Ron

Thanks. You guys are the best. Ron

Dave,

You’re awesome! Thanks for checking. Canary has such an excellent staff! Kudos to you and all Canary teams!

One of my cams is still on 2.3.0 Is there any way to force this update?

Thanks!

Hi @unlimited_lifes,

I tried to push out the new firmware to that device, but it doesn’t want to complete the download. Would you be able to temporarily move that Flex closer to the router to see if the stronger Wi-Fi signal will allow the firmware to complete downloading? Once this is done, please let me know and I will attempt to push out the firmware again.

Best,
Sean

Ok will do this over the weekend when I’m at the property. Thank you!

One of my Flex’s batteries were dead, so it didn’t the 3.1 update like my other flex did.

The charging has been remedied now…can you push the 3.1 update to it now?

Thanks

Hello, I have 2 Canary Flex but only one of them has the update 3.1.0 firmware update. The other is still at 3.0.0. Can you please push the update? Thanks so much.

Also, is it safe to leave it outside in the elements while plugged in? It is currently to an outside outlet on the cord that came with the unit. Thanks again.

hey @btaylor5,

The connection to the Flex is weatherproof so you are good there, however you’ll want to make sure that the other end stays dry and is connect to a GFI circuit (generally exterior circuits are already set up this way).

If you need additional length or want to ensure things stay dry, take a peak at this topic which talks about extending the power cord with weatherproof components.

Hi there, I updated both your Canary Flex devices to the latest firmware version which is v4.0.0.

Thank you,
Maciej

That’s sweet! Thanks so much.

Now, my next question is how can I get weatherproof plugs (with green dot) for my 2 devices? When I purchased them, I was under the impression that they would be weatherproof. But, sadly, I have no green dots.…. :blush:

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Bettyanne Taylor

Good Afternoon,

Would you please be good enough to push the Version 4.0 update to my new (third) Canary Flex? The serial number is C600L1704753. Thank you.

Bettyanne Taylor

btaylor5@hotmail.com