Canary misled me on the 24 hours of included recordings

I am very disappointed with Canary. When reseraching the best cameras for my needs, I sent a message on April 4, 2017 asking “If I don’t subscribe to the Canary Membership, will the free 24 hrs be actual 24 hrs of saved recordings or only be recordings from the last 24 hrs? Thanks for your assistance.”

This was your reply the following day:
Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to Canary. I hope that you are keeping well.

On free membership, customers are able to view the last 24 hours of recorded video on their timelines. However, on both our free and premium membership plans, customers have the option to save (“bookmark”) or download an unlimited number of videos, with the only constraint of free membership being that you need to save/download those videos within that 24 hour timeframe.

If you have any further queries or there is anything else I can help you with, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me again.

Have a great day!

Best,
Lisa M.

“customers are able to view the last 24 hours of recorded video on their timeline” sounds like I have 24 hours of actual recorded video but it is only anything that has been recorded in the last 24 hours, anything after that is erased! I have 2 cameras in one location so now it is shared to only 12 hrs. I am very disappointed! Make sure you check your terminology before replying to avoid misleading others!

Hey there @Grace, as a beta tester I do not represent the Canary team but it’s unfortunate that this happened. Having worked with the Canary team I am sure they will take your feedback into account in the future so that this doesn’t happen again. I am going to tag @angie who works on the Canary Customer Experience team to help you out.

To be clear, as explained in the FAQs for Canary, the free plan allows you access to the last 24 hours of video, not 24 hours of recorded content. Additionally if you have more devices that usage is distributed per device as explained here.

If I have more than one device at a location that is on the free plan, do I still get 24 hours of video history?
Yes, but the 24 hours of video history are distributed on an equal basis across all devices up to 4: 1 device = 24 hours of video history, 2 devices = 12 hours of video history across all devices, 3 devices = 8 hours of video history across all devices, 4 devices = 6 hours of video history across all devices.

I hope this helps with any confusion, and Angie should be able to help make sure this doesn’t happen to others.

Hi @Grace,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and I’m so sorry to hear about the confusion with the way the shared Timeline works for free users. I will be sure to pass this feedback along to our team so we can make sure everyone is clearly explaining the limits of the free plan to potential customers.

As Zev posted, you can find the specifics of the free plan and shared Timeline available on our Help Center in the Membership FAQ. If you have any additional questions please let us know.