Canary Offline Message

I’m new with Canary and Canary flex as of Friday. I am having issues with repeat offline messages and circle of death trying to load live view for flex model.

My band with is not the issue. Flex is 8 feet away from front and closer to modem. I have Ring door bell that is further than where I have flex and have no issues.

Canary Camera Quality

I have moved this post to a new topic as it is a separate issue.

I’m sorry you’re having offline messages. Can you describe the exact message you are receiving? Here is some more information that may also help you.

Message says Canary flex offline. The message appeared on screen as I was testing accessing live view while away from home. This happened multiple times. I gave up after not being able to connect. I checked my timeline later on and offline status showed Canary flex was offline for 2hrs+ before connection was restored automatically. I should point out my ring doorbell which is roughly 8ft further (away from Canary flex) did not show offline when I check online status.

My canary flex is positioned in a open empty area with no other electronics. The device was not plugged in when I received the offline messages. I did see the red bar indicator top of my phone screen (iOS 7plus) multiple times. I did check the Canary status page and everything looked good. Yesterday evening I disconnected my router (att U-verse), turned off the canary flex and reconnected the device. I will report back here if I continue to get the offline messages.

As of this morning when testing live view from work I gave up after seeing the connecting circle for 1 minute. I was not able to view live. Canary flex is still running on battery (not connected to wall outlet.

Thanks

@mc183, would you mind plugging your Canary into the wall outlet and seeing if that solves your issue? If it does not, I would suggest that you file a ticket with Canary to try and solve this issue.

Click here to submit a ticket to Canary’s support team so that they can take a look at your specific device(s) and assist in figuring this out.

There are a few different ways you can contact support if you would prefer a faster response during business hours, you can find details about that here.

A few tips when submitting your ticket:

• Include the email you use on your Canary login as your contact email so Canary can find your account quickly.
  • If you have multiple Canary devices, include this information and detail which models you are having issue with.
  • Include any pictures or videos that might help diagnose the issue you are having.
  • Be as detailed and clear as you can in your description to help Canary diagnose your issue.
  • Say what you have already tried and how you did it, this may help speed up your time to a fix.
  • Include a link to this topic if it contains additional information from other users that might help Canary.

I will connect to wall outlet this afternoon and give it a day before I open ticket. If the offline messages stop while connect what’s next? It should matter if the device is connected or not, right?

I just happen to check canary flex as I check this thread for update and Canary flex shows offline. :confused: No telling how long it has been offline, the timeline did not register Canary flex offline. Is there a time threshold set for when the canary flex shows offline before it is logged in the timeline as offline? Checked the app few seconds later and camarera shows online.

There shouldn’t be an issue with it being only on battery power, so it sounds like something might be causing an issue. But as a way to help figure out what’s going on plugging it in and giving that a try is a good idea.

The other thing you might want to also try is to disconnect the device from your account and set it up again.

I will try disconnecting the device this afternoon and give that a try before connecting it to power. Is that the same as powering off the device (holding power button for 12seconds) isn’t that a reset?

Thanks

There’s restarting and resetting, the second item on that list should be your first step, if that fails you can also remove it from within the app.

Just to report here only (looks like I will be submitting a ticket after all). I just happen to check the status of canary fix and again i see the offline message. I switched over to main canary camera in second room then switch back to canary flex and camera switched to online. So weird. Switching back from both cameras was maybe 2 seconds. Just posting this here for later reference. I have screen shots saved for both instances (7am check and now 9am check). Timeline did not register camera was offline again.