Canary Pro, Canary Flex, Canary View - 5.0.0 and 5.1.x Release Notes

Hello all,

It has been brought to our attention that there has been interest in details regarding the recent firmware updates that have been released. I’ve included the notes below.

All Canary devices will be automatically updated to the new firmware over time. This is done in stages as we roll it out to the entire customer base. If your Canary is not running the recent firmware (5.1.0 for Flex and 5.1.1 for Pro and View) and you would like to get it manually updated, please send an email over to support@canary.is including the serial number for the Canary devices and we can push out the update.

v5.1.x

• Charging updates to prevent rare instances where the battery could discharge while plugged in (Flex).
  • Additional bug fixes and security updates.

v5.0.0

• Remove chirp sound on BTLE connection.
  • Fix premature charge complete notification (Flex).
  • Additional bug fixes, stability improvements, and security updates.
2 Likes

Nice to see an update since the Smartfrog acquisition as it has been over a year. This recent tweet and responses from Canary in this thread suggests there are more updates to come.

Hi. Thanks for the details. Can you confirm whether there is a product pipeline available?
It would be great to see integration with IFTTT and Alexa. Thanks in advance.

Good luck getting any response from these guys. They since sold their company and aren’t interested in adding anything. I had to start a public racket over the lack of security updates before they decided to issue an update.

Long story short: its a dead end on any of those features you inquired about. I’d be glad to be proven wrong but they’ve made their money and moved on so we should be lucky that they’re still keeping their cloud infrastructure for these cameras online.

Just my two cents.

1 Like

I have 2x Canary Flex - has now for 2 years - both on firmware update 4. Why am I behind on updates?

They secretly stopped their device auto-update feature without notifying customers so you have email support@canary.is and ask for an update to the latest firmware. Don’t forget to include your device ID with the email!

Why no auto-update? I’m paying for a service.

That’s a great question. I suggest you invest in a camera solution from a more reputable company than Canary the next time you are on the market.

This is the last time I’ll ever purchase anything from a non-reputable startup company. I should have followed the advice of the mostly terrible ratings on Amazon for their products.

So much promise wasted here.

Emailed then and I’ve now been updated to latest firmware.

Glad to hear that its complete!