Canary Status - "degraded performance"?

The current status of Canary Service and Canary APP are “degraded performance.” Can you please explain? Clearly, not reliable. You are actively recruiting new buyers and new membership subscribers. Shouldn’t you focus on reliability of your services first? Everyone will win (except for the crooks against whom we are installing the security cameras in the first place!)

Amazon Web Services Outage 2/28/17
Canary performance log - missing entries?

It appears that not all problems with Canary’s server, connection and service outages are listed on the Canary’s Past Incidents report for the members to view. It looks like the company is trying to hush and minimize (what would be) a more substantial list of problems. Even those recent March 8th, 2017 issues that did not get resolved completely for a few days are not in the Past Incidents report log. It’s a dishonest and unethical practice.

Can’t agree more. Also, it appears that not all problems with their server, connection and service outages are listed on the Canary’s Past Incidents report. It looks like the company is trying to hush and minimize (what would be) a substantial list of problems from that log. Even this recent March 8th, 2017 issues that did not get resolved completely for a few days are not in the log.
It’s a dishonest and unethical practice.

Hey @Maple1,

I hope you don’t mind, I’ve merged all of your comments into the same thread as they are related to the same issue.

We strive to be very transparent about any service interruptions we’re experiencing, and I think there may be a misunderstanding about how our status log is presenting the information. The reason you do not see anything for March 8th under “Past Events” is because the issues from that day are actually related to the ongoing issues with viewing Timeline videos. If you’ll view the dates on our current status, you’ll see that the log dates back to March 8th. Sorry for any confusion on this!

I can definitely understand your frustration with the server issues you’ve been experiencing. Our team is working hard on resolving the issue quickly, while still maintaining service as much as possible as we make any necessary server fixes. We know you are relying on us for security and that providing a stable service is of the utmost importance. We very much appreciate your patience while we work out these hiccups and get things running smoothly again.

If you have any other thoughts or questions please don’t hesitate to let us know.