In the Canary TvOS app, I think there’s a lot of room for improvement. I know it;'s one of the newer features from Canary but I would love to see a number of features be added:
- Ability to zoom when viewing the feed.
- PIP Mode - View multiple cameras at once, split the screen between two, quarters, or more if need be.
- Mute button: I don’t always want to hear what is going on…
- Customizeable information on the screen: (i.e. Ability to choose whether or not to show: Current time, location, Canary logo, “Live”, etc.
*Option to alert for movement: Have the screen “sleep” when there is no movement and brighten when there is movement.
- Quality: It would be good to have some control over what quality is streamed (choices of 480p, 720p, 1080p, and also choices of frame rate: 5, 12, 24, 30fps). Hopefully this would give a user some level of control about how much of a drain on their internet a feed would be.
- Passcode Lock (suggested by @ryclar) (Also possibility of unlock with TouchID on iPhone for remote access?)
Most of these options would be nice to see in the Canary App for iPhone/Android as well, but as there are currently no options at all available for the TvOS App, I figured I would start there.
Some other issues:
- The “Are you still watching” box when it pops up pressing any button does not appear to choose “yes” and make it go away. One has to confirm it from the start.
- Both pulling down and pushing up goes back to the home screen. Only one of these actions should do that.
- Playback of bookmarked events doesn’t appear to play smoothly on many events.