Cannot get past firmware update during setup

Received new Flex but cannot get past the update firmware stage of setup.

Registers all other parts OK - pairing, naming etc - but just fails on update.

On the same 100MB network as three other Canary devices which are happy. Confirmed this speed with my phone next to the Flex ( ~1m from the router )

Tried resetting ( holding reset for 12 secs when unplugged as suggested for a previous problem with another Flex ) but get the same problem - tried 5 times in the last 24 hrs

Please help

Restart your modem/router and give a try again. I faced similar issue at first. I got it through after twice restarting my router. its strange, but worked for me.

Thank you

Yup, that solved it.Thanks.

“Have you tried turning it off and on again” - slick :slight_smile:

Hey @progtastic

At this time I would recommend that you submit a ticket to Canary’s support team so that they can take a look at your specific device(s) and assist in figuring this out.

There are a few different ways you can contact support if you would prefer a faster response during business hours, you can find details about that here.

A few tips when submitting your ticket:

• Include the email you use on your Canary login as your contact email so Canary can find your account quickly.
  • If you have multiple Canary devices, include this information and detail which models you are having issue with.
  • Include any pictures or videos that might help diagnose the issue you are having.
  • Be as detailed and clear as you can in your description to help Canary diagnose your issue.
  • Say what you have already tried and how you did it, this may help speed up your time to a fix.
  • Include a link to this topic if it contains additional information from other users that might help Canary.