Changed My Wifi password and Need to Reset

I changed my wifi password and I cannot figure out how to update my Canary. It’s offline so I cannot change the settings from the location management page. I also cannot set it up as a new device because it’s already connected to a location. The article about removing a canary from a location specifies that it is not a troubleshooting step but does not give details. I don’t want to remove it until I’m sure that I won’t lose access completely.

Hi @Keegan,

If you changed your Wi-Fi password or you want to connect your Canary to a new Wi-Fi network, you can do that using the “Change Connection” steps listed in this Help Center article:

How do I change Canary’s Wi-Fi connection?

Hope that helps!

This didn’t work for me. It only allows you to change from wifi to wired or vice-versa. I couldn’t actually change the wifi settings.

If you choose the option “Wi-Fi” and proceed to pair with your phone, it will let you pick your Wi-Fi network and re-enter the Wi-Fi password. Did you run into trouble when trying this?

I tried this and it didn’t work. It won’t let me modify the actual wifi
settings because the camera is already setup on the network.

Hello,

I am having a similar issue and the instructions on your web site do not work.

I have 2 all in one Canary devices and the network’s changed in the house and now when I try to connect my Canary it says the Canary was set up at another location and it wasn’t.

I have submitted email help requests to Canary with no reply and you cannot get them on the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Can someone at Canary get back to me regarding this issue?

The units are of no use to me in this condition.

Would you be able to record what is happening on your device? it’s a little unclear to me where it is failing for you and knowing the exact steps you have taken would be helpful.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear about the issue you’re encountering with getting your Canary devices back online.

More often than not when people encounter the situation you are in it is because you have logged into a different email address than what you originally used to setup the Canary devices. Since they will still be tied to your other email address it won’t let you set them up under a new one unless you remove them from the old account.

Once logged into the correct account you’ll want to follow the steps on this article to get them connected to the new Wi-Fi network.

Hopefully this helps, but if not, we can dig in further to get this resolved.

Best,
Sean

Sean,

I will look into the account issue but I think I only had one account.

I will look through the article and try and see if I have multiple accounts.

If not I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Mark

Sean,

Well I did have another account and now the device is up and running.

It would be REALLY helpful if your FAQ’s would have this important information listed as a possible issue.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear you got up and running. That is good feedback and I’ll be sure to get our documentation updated appropriately. Thanks and apologies for the frustration this has caused.

Best,
Sean