Device is already activated

Hi @eau,

I’m terribly sorry to hear about the issues you are encountering getting the Canary up and running. If you could please DM me your email address associated with your support ticket I’d like to take a look and see what options we have to resolve this for you.

Best,
Sean

DM you,:grinning: @Sean

I had the same issue. I took the plastic wrap off of the box! My mom gifted the camera to me after she purchased it from Lowe’s. By the time i got around to setting it up, she had misplaced the receipt (of course). This device has never been setup while in our possession. The only thing i can imagine is that it’s some sort of glitch with the device or that it was purchased and returned before we bought it (not sure how it would get plastic wrapped again?). Seems suspicious though that I’ve read several forums now that basically describe the exact same scenario happening to SEVERAL others. Canary Support attempted to push the firmware update to the device (not sure if that worked or not). Regardless, we now own a useless $200 all-in-one security paperweight. Canary support said that they can DO NOTHING without a receipt. The only other option is to have the device removed from the prior account (which is technically impossible since i have zero clue who could have set this device up). It wasn’t my mom or me that’s for sure. We are the only 2 people to have the device in our possession since the time we purchased it. I have a Canary View that works well but this whole ordeal has made me rethink using Canary devices altogether. What a waste of money and what could have been a very useful device for a single mother and her young son.

Hi @Akheck01,

If you could please DM me your email address that is associated with your Canary account I’d be happy to review your case and see if we have any additional options. Unfortunately we don’t have much wiggle room when it comes to ownership of devices due to the nature of the product, but I’ll do my best to see if we can find a resolution.

Best,
Sean

How do i send a dm?

Sincerely,

Amanda Heckard

@Akheck01 you can send a DM by using a Web Browser and then clicking on Sean’s name and then clicking “Message”. You can also do this from his page: https://community.canary.is/u/sean

Hey @Akheck01,

Apologies, I just sent you a DM!

-Sean