Different settings for multiple devices

I finally got two flexes to pair with my all-in-one after the flex was out of stock.

The flex cameras are to supplement the all-in-one in my main living area, and largely monitor outside.

It would be incredibly useful to be able to manage settings separately for each camera, i.e. My main all-in-one automatically entering home mode while I’m detected at home, but the flex continuing to face a shared outdoor area provide motion alerts so I know if someone is passing through or has entered my yard.

Hi @Jpetrie,

This functionality is actually already built into the Canary App! I’ve included the steps below to achieve what you are looking for.

Note: it does require Canary Membership in order to have a Canary record while in Home mode.

1. Open the Canary App
  2. Tap the three white lines in top right corner
  3. Tap Device settings
  4. Tap Modes and motion alerts
  5. Tap Home mode
  6. On this screen you can now select “Set All devices” or “Set each device”. If you select the option for “Set each device” you can the explicitly specifiy what you want each camera to do while in that specific mode.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if there is something else I can assist with.

Best,
Sean