Firmware not current

I have two Canary All In One devices. One device has a firmware version of 1.9.9 the other is at 1.4.5. Devices need version 2.0 to take advantage of talk function. I understand there is nothing I can do to initialize a firmware update. Would like to understand how to get latest version sent to my devices. It may also be a good function to allow users to submit a firmware update request.

Hey @berndap,

When Canary releases firmware updates, they often do it with staggered updates over a period of days or weeks. As explained here, this update to 1.9.9 and 2.0.0 will occur over the next few weeks.

Canary All-In-One devices will be updated to firmware version 2.0.0. Firmware updates are staggered for security reasons, so devices will be updated over the course of the next few weeks. This is a multi-stage firmware update, so customers may also see version 1.9.9 installed during the rollout period.

Hope this helps!

Hi @berndap,

Just an addition to what @Zev said above - firmware updates are generally automatic, but if you’re not seeing your device updated within a week of a firmware release you can always send an email to support@canary.is with your serial number and they can help get you updated. Hope that helps!

Canary All-In-One firmware 1.9.9/2.0.0 release notes

Thanks it does help!