I have one Flex that has been offline for several weeks due to a bad power cable. I was able to replace the cable last night and I see that this Flex is still running the old software. Will it automatically update or do I need to reboot it?
It should automatically update, but if you have any trouble write to Canary with your device serial number and they will help make sure the firmware update gets pushed to the device!
You can remove it from your account then add it back and when you add it during setup it’ll update itself. That’s what I did.
It still hasn’t updated. If it doesn’t update before I get back home in a few weeks, I’ll try the removing from my account and adding it back.
Have you reached out to Canary about this? If not then at this time I would recommend that you submit a ticket to Canary’s support team so that they can take a look at your specific device(s) and assist in figuring this out.
There are a few different ways you can contact support if you would prefer a faster response during business hours, you can find details about that here.
A few tips when submitting your ticket:
- Include the email you use on your Canary login as your contact email so Canary can find your account quickly.
- If you have multiple Canary devices, include this information and detail which models you are having issue with.
- Include any pictures or videos that might help diagnose the issue you are having.
- Be as detailed and clear as you can in your description to help Canary diagnose your issue.
- Say what you have already tried and how you did it, this may help speed up your time to a fix.
- Include a link to this topic if it contains additional information from other users that might help Canary.
I opened a ticket earlier this morning with Support. I believe that I included enough information that they should be able to push the new firmware to the Flex that is not updated.
Great! That should be the easiest way to make it happen.
My Flex updated to the current firmware sometime yesterday.
Thanks for the help.