Give us firmware updates and change-logs for 5.0.0/5.1.1!

Canary is shady. They’re hiding 5.0.0 and 5.1.1 release notes and not pushing security updates. After asking them why there have been no updates since 4.0.0 through support emails, they suddenly tell me that there’s 5.0.0 and 5.1.1. They push it to my devices and go silent.

I’ve asked them in three separate emails after the update what the contents of the new updates are and they’re silent. It’s bad enough that they’ve been sitting on the update since april/may ‘19 and lied to me that its only been out for a few weeks in October.

Canary, come clean. I have 6 canary devices. You can’t keep hiding and playing your long-time customers or you’ll keep going under. Stop screwing your customers!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your perspective, that is troubling! I have a Canary Flex that has 5.1.0 firmware on it. All of my other three Canary cameras have firmware 4.0.0 (one of these is a Flex). This is very odd that they haven’t posted any release notes on these newer firmware versions. Between this and the very buggy app under iOS 13 I have grown quite frustrated with this company.

1 Like

There’s something going on with the company. I’ve emailed them four times about it. As soon as I bring up the firmware updates, they stop responding. Mind you, they respond just fine until I bring up questions about the firmware update. They go radio silent from that point onwards. This is a company that we are supposed to trust enough to put their cameras inside our homes.

I wouldn’t trust this company and recommend that we all shift to another platform.

1 Like

Hey @kal-el and @KakaduDreamer,

Just wanted to stop by and let you know that @Sean put out some release notes just moments ago. Please feel free to take a look at your convenience and follow up on that topic with any questions or concerns.

1 Like

Thank you, Zev! This is good.