Live feed intermittently freezing/lagging

I have a Canary Flex that is currently being used as a baby monitor. When watching the live feed, it constantly will freeze up and the “Live” notification will temporarily disappear as it freezes. Then after sometimes 30 seconds or more, the feed will refresh back to live and “Live” will reappear on the screen.

My Flex is on a 5.0 Ghz wi-fi signal with the router only about 10-12 feet away in the next room. Testing my wi-fi speed and connection inside the nursery I consistently get full strength and 90Mbps speed. I also view this feed on an iPhone 6.

Has anyone else had this issue, or know of any tips for the feed freezing up?

Thank you

Hi @FlyFish88,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I’m very sorry to hear you’ve been having such a frustrating experience with Watch Live! I’m not sure what troubleshooting you’ve tried so far, but I’d recommend going through the steps in this article to resolve any issues with live video streaming smoothly:

Why can’t I Watch live?

I’d also recommend switching your Canary Flex between 2.4 and 5 GHz to see if one network provides a more stable stream than the other. If this troubleshooting isn’t helping, open a ticket with our support team and they’d be happy to dig in deeper into why Watch Live is playing so poorly.

Best of luck, please update us when you find a solution!