Out of box blinking red light?

I just opened my New Canary and when i pluged it in the red light came on?-after 1-2 minutes the red light starts blinking?
do i do a hard reset on the bottom of the unit?. have power cycled several times?
Paul

Hi @rfimage,

Just to be clear, did you install this Canary to your account but then it started blinking red after you installed it? Or have you not completed installation yet?

If this Canary was already installed, a flashing or blinking red light means it’s having trouble connecting to your network. I would recommend the troubleshooting steps in this Help Center article for flashing red offline devices:

Why is my Canary offline?

If that doesn’t help, or you’re experiencing this issue before even installing the Canary, please open a ticket with our support team and let them know the serial number of the Canary you’re having trouble with so they can investigate further.

Well I had to send back the last canary- now I have another this is the 5 canary I have on time and same problem Hard Red Light after 2 minutes it starts blinking and will not install out of box red light on unit? I bet this one will have to go back?

@rfimage,

At this time I would recommend that you submit a ticket to Canary’s support team so that they can take a look at your specific device(s) and assist in figuring this out.

There are a few different ways you can contact support if you would prefer a faster response during business hours, you can find details about that here.

A few tips when submitting your ticket:

• Include the email you use on your Canary login as your contact email so Canary can find your account quickly.
  • If you have multiple Canary devices, include this information and detail which models you are having issue with.
  • Include any pictures or videos that might help diagnose the issue you are having.
  • Be as detailed and clear as you can in your description to help Canary diagnose your issue.
  • Say what you have already tried and how you did it, this may help speed up your time to a fix.
  • Include a link to this topic if it contains additional information from other users that might help Canary.

E

RF Imaging and Comm
Paul M Zeppa
7774 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV, 89117
702-285-3432
Fax- 702-248-2645
Paul@rfimage.com