Phone upgrade to Nougat - Canary doesn't know when I come and go!

My Samsung S7 phone upgraded yesterday to Nougat. Today Canary is having difficulty knowing when I come and go from my place, so it doesn’t get set in Away or Home mode correctly. Is this a known issue?

Bob

Hi @BobD,

You might want to try doing a clean reinstall of the app with these steps to see if it helps:

1. From the home screen on your phone, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Apps, Applications, or Application manager.
  4. Tap Canary.
  5. Tap Clear data (may be located under Data Storage).
  6. Tap Uninstall.
  7. Restart your phone.
  8. Reinstall the Canary app from the Google Play store.
  9. Open the app, tap Sign In at the bottom of the screen, and log back in with your email and password.

Let us know how it goes!

Please also follow the steps outlined in this help article to make sure your app is configured correctly.

https://help.canary.is/hc/en-us/articles/220136628-Automatic-mode-switching

I had the same issue when my Edge 7 upgraded to Nougat. It wasn’t an issue with Canary App, it was actually an issue with the GPS (location services) after the upgrade. There is a known issue with the Samsung Nougat upgrade that affects GPS. I was able to figure this out since it affected multiple apps in my phone that used gps and after doing a search in Google I found out that other users where having the same problem. I was able to fix it by doing a Factory Reset of the phone, so I would recommend you do a full backup of your phone using the Samsung Smartswitch app and doing a Factory Reset if the Canary App reinstall process doesn’t work,

Thanks Angie. The re-install seems to have fixed the problem.