Problems with Canary and support

I purchased original Canary all in one close to couple years ago and was generally happy with the device functions and capabilities of free plan.

I subsequently bought 3 flex units. I have 2 outdoors and 1 indoors. All three plugged to power all the time.

Right away I started having issues with the flex units which continue. Couple times have been related to flex issues on Canary platform like today. Other issues have been related to individual flex units. For the last couple weeks one unit consistently flips in and out of battery mode and I get constant notifications the unit is fully charged. The other outdoor unit has been pretty much constantly in battery mode for weeks. Support has talked me through pairing and unpairing, checking internet speeds, discussing possible issues with my network setup, restarting devices etc to no avail. Today I found post on the site where someone finally explained the function issues with the flexs. Today also one of the flex units went completely off line which I assume now is from the battery not charging.

I am now being informed that the units don’t charge when the temperature gets below 32. 32 degrees is a relatively common temperature in the US northeast. In discussion with support today I was pointed to FAQ that explains this. When you look to device spec’s there is a much wider functional temperature range. The advertising leads one to believe the units can be plugged into power for constant use outdoors.

This whole situation quite frankly is appalling. As a customer I look to a units spec’s to give me information about a product before buying. This is important when buying units that sell for $200 each. To now learn that these units are basically useless for the intended purpose is very upsetting.

All of this is on top of the way this company has implemented and dealt with the change of service terms and the change in the functionality of service and support. Today I asked to speak to someone in management in the company and was told emphatically that is not possible.

I like many others have gone from being a strong advocate for the product which I have recommended to friends previously to a person who will hope to get a few bucks back on ebay.

Like you, I have had nothing but problems with the Canary Flex’s since we bought them over a year ago. They go offline for no apparent reason, they don’t charge when plugged in, etc. I have actually stopped several friends and family members from purchasing Canary themselves because I’m so disappointed in the product. And to make matters worse, customer support is AWFUL. It’s always someone else’s fault. It’s our internet providers fault, it’s our electrical outlet, etc. No…sorry…it’s your product. I encourage anyone doing their research on these products to look elsewhere for their home security needs.

Thanks for the reply.

Surprised tonight to see that the 3 flexs I have installed have all suddenly have shown up at 100% power. First time in weeks. That makes zero sense based on the company’s recent statements that the batteries don’t charge under 32 degrees. Just watch the weather well under 32 now. I can see 2 of the outdoor flexs working on the web application at mycanary the third shows nothing.

But the Canary application shows nothing but spinning…

Interesting that no one from Canary responds to posts here about issues with their product.