Significant (and possibly dangerous) delays in activity notifications!

Do you work for Canary??? Cause this subject was posted a year ago and I purchased one a few months ago not knowing this and mine is doing the same thing as the op. So obviously they aren’t concerned. I have another cam by Foscam that within seconds of it detecting motion a notification is sent. I am going back to it as my primary cam and selling this garbage

0 Likes

Also what good is paying for talk back if the person is gone? You don’t get the notification that someone is at the door until 3-5 minutes later. So much for telling fedex to leave the package at the door because you won’t even know he was there till he is long gone

0 Likes

Glad i had a read through the forum one last time. Linking my post below. I have had a Flex and AIO for a year on full subscription and this time delay has always been there… through tests, re-sets, firmware updates, app updates etc.

Im done, subscription cancelled! Lesson learned.

Sorry Canary, i was really rooting for you guys against the competition.

— Anyone in the UK want to buy a carefully looked after AIO and Flex, both in black and white, ping me :wink:

0 Likes

I have exactly the same issue. I have both a basic D-link camera (DCS-932L) which sends me alerts the second someone enters the room, and a canary which usually misses the first time someone enters a room completely and instead sends me an alert (if I’m lucky) showing them moving in the room many minutes later.

This is totally useless as a security device because of these delays, and the links above to changing sensitivity no longer seem to work as this feature appears to have been removed from the app(?)

0 Likes

It is very disturbing that this is still an issue… I to have been experiencing significant delays. I have rebooted devices, logged in and out, changed sensitivity, have no mask setup and still do not receive notifications until minutes later. Canary, I want to like the product and not feel like I have wasted hundreds of dollars but you have left us all in a potentially dangerous position. No wonder not all insurance companies are accepting you as a legitimate monitoring system. Wasted investment, wasted time and waste of monthly payments… very disappointed.

0 Likes

I am seeing the same issues, Just purchased this Canary All-In-One from Verizon, was significantly discounted (now I see why…)

I have completely turned off notifications as they are useless if they do not come immediately. My notices sometimes take up to 15 minutes to get to me, if they ever do. Is there something coming in the form an an app update or a firmware update that will fix this? If not, I am returning my camera to Verizon for a refund. I like the camera and the interface, but if it does not notify quickly, then it is useless.

0 Likes

has anything been done to resolve this issue? I, too, have missing or significantly delayed notifications (sometimes several minutes).

0 Likes