Switch to turn on/off night vision

This would be a great feature to have as the flex can then be used from behind a window without any issues at night. Installing a canary flex outside the front of my home is not an option however monitoring through a window would be great especially with external lighting at night… Please implement this option to turn off night vision Canary.

I have looked into purchasing the logitech circle 2 camera and window mount as an alternative. However as I have already own canary devices I would prefer to use a flex device behind a window. Thank you.

1 Like

All very good and well said, but…please just fix the issue.

Thanks

1 Like

any update on this?
Thanks

Wow! This thread is nearing its 2 years mark, while I can’t even believe its been 2+ years I have been relying on Canary for my home security. Does that make me loyal customer? Nevertheless this thread continues to wonder around with no feedback or correspondence from Canary team. This is sad and quite frankly disappointing.

Code change will take minutes, but it’s more about company priorities, roadmap and accountability towards its consumers who are investing their precious fortune in Canary. As everyone else on this thread, still expecting to hear back something positive from Canary.

3 Likes

I also would like information on turning off the night IR,

Just joined this thread… has the issue of manual night vision even been acknowledged by Canary?

Still no update on this?

I’m only here to vote. I really need this feature fixed. I use my canary in a window by my front door. I was able to catch a package thief during the day, but I couldn’t catch the guy stealing light bulbs or solar lights at night because all I get at night is window glare. Please fix this Canary! I ended up buying a Wyze camera to watch over my front yard that let’s me turn off the IR lights and it’s significantly cheaper. I can’t use outside cameras since the night time thieves who have been stealing lightbulbs and solar lights also take people’s cameras. Thank you in advance for your time.

I live in an apartment and can’t install outdoor cameras. Not being able to turn off nightmode has made both my flex canaries effectively useless. I bought them because someone keeps breaking into cars in our very well lit parking lot but all I can see at night is this stupid window glare. Returning them. If this problem has been ignored this long they aren’t going to fix it.