Welcome to the Canary Community! We’ve selected Discourse as our platform, and have compiled a quick guide to get you posting, commenting, and liking like a pro in no time.
Post a topic
If you’d like to post a topic in a category, click New Topic:
Create a title for your topic, select a category for it to live in, and start typing. You’ll see a live preview in the adjacent box.
Reply to a topic
If you’re directly responding to a topic, click Reply on the body of the post. If you’re replying to a comment by another user, click Reply on their comment to continue a conversation thread.
Similar to Twitter, you can get another user’s attention by typing ‘@’ followed by the first letter of their username. You can select a suggested user from the dropdown, or type out their entire username:
Show some love!
See a post with a good idea for a new feature, or agree with a particular comment? Click the Like button to make somebody feel special.
Aside from making someone’s day, this will also help the Canary team gauge exactly what the community thinks about something in particular.
Code of conduct
If you see any abusive or explicit content, hit the Flag button to let one of the admins or moderators know.
A couple good bullet points to live by:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
- Please don’t advertise. Do not advertise for other products and services, either on behalf of a third party or personal gain.
- Do not encourage users to modify or otherwise take action that would void the Canary warranty.
- Do not advocate for the return of a Canary device for a refund or in favor of other products.
We research the right to remove any posts that violate of the above. Repeated offenses will result in suspension from the Canary Community.
We’re excited to see what kinds of conversations sprout up. Canary team members from across the organization are excited to answer questions, provide support, and get to know you through this promising new channel.
Thanks for joining the Canary Community!