Wall Panel Integration

I want to purchase several more Canary’s for my home, but I have a question about arming and disarming.

My mother-in-law lives with us, and she is constantly coming and going. She doesn’t have a cell phone, so using the auto mode will not work with her. Are there any wall panel integrations that work well with the Canary? For example, if I decide that I want to mount a smart-home compatible panel by my front door, so that my mother-in-law can arm and disarm as she is coming/going?

Thanks in advance!

That’s a really cool idea! With integration through Wink, it’s possible that there’s a way to do it via the Wink Hub, but I am not entirely sure. Built directly into Canary I do not believe there is a way to do it though…

Thanks for the reply @Zev. I didn’t think so either, but it doesn’t hurt to ask right?

I really like my Canary, but I need to purchase a full-home security system, and I have some unique needs (like my mother-in-law), so I am just trying to evaluate my options.

Hey @Jeremy, great question!

We don’t directly integrate with any kind of wall panel, but as @zev suggested you may be able to find a Wink compatible product that fits this need. Using Wink’s robots, you would be able to set it up so activating the panel would arm or disarm the Canary. I’d recommend talking to Wink’s support team for some recommendations of what products might work well for this. Hope that helps!

Wink also has an Alexa skill. If you have a Wink hub, you could link that to your Echo, and your mother in law could enter the home and just say something to alexa to disarm the canary. You could also give her a tablet, she doesn’t need an actual smart phone.