Won't come out of Night Mode on its own

Been battling this issue for weeks now with support. Besides the ongoing issue of the time that it auto-switches into night mode being an hot off (set for 1:01AM to get it to go into night mode just after midnight) it never leaves night mode until we manually set it to home mode. Assuming the time problem applies to exiting night mode, it should go out of night mode at 5AM since it’s set for 6AM.

Support claims the time issue was fixed with V2.4.0 but not so. Nobody seems to be able to figure out why this is happening.

We have completely wiped out and reinstalled the app on both of our iPhone 6s based on detailed instructions from support while also unplugging the Canary box for an extended period. Still no cure.

Anybody else encounter this issue and actually get it resolved or is this a hopeless effort?

Auto-mode switching with scheduled night mode not working

Brand new Canary user here, and just got my two new AIOs yesterday. I set them up last night. I have the night mode scheduled for 12:00 am to 6:00 am. So far, the devices seem to automatically switch into and out of Night Mode on their own with no problems other than the time differential you are experiencing.

I don’t get this. Why are my AIOs switching into and out of Night Mode an hour earlier than the schedule? Obviously, it’s no problem to simply advance the schedule ahead an hour in order to get the actual 12-6 schedule I want. But it bugs me that it’s not working properly.

Hey @Lfermi, @RobbW,

There are two issues here and both are actively being worked on:

1. There is a bug in the iOS app which is resulting in that 1 hour offset your are seeing. This was thought to have been resolved in v2.4.0 but unfortunately we missed a few cases. We will be releasing v2.4.1 to address this - be on the lookout for it.
  2. Some customers are having issues where their night mode schedules are not ending properly.

Our engineering team has produced fixes for both of these issues and we testing them now. We should have things resolved soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave

Thank you, Dave. I will keep an eye out for the update. It’s not THAT big of a deal. I can easily adjust my schedule to get the times I really want. However, it’s good to know it will be fixed!

Thanks,
Robb

My Canary is set to activate night mode starting at 3 am and ending at 6 am daily. This has worked properly for nearly a year.

I recently changed iPhones, and restored your iOS app via backup. Frequently, the night mode is still active at 6:30 am or even 7:00 am, requiring me to manually change the mode to home.

Can you help?

Hey @bfarley65 moved your post into this existing topic. We should have this resolved soon.

Any update on this? It is happening with my AIO Canary as well.

Hi all,

Quick update on this issue:

• Our engineering team pushed a fix late last week which addressed the problem some users were experiencing where their location would not properly come out of Night mode.
  • v2.4.1 of the Canary app on Android was released earlier today which fixes the 1 hour schedule offset some users were seeing. The iOS app is being tested now and we hope to have it released soon.

Thanks,
Dave

iOS v2.4.1 has been released. All fixes are now out for all known Night mode schedule issues.

Thanks,
Dave

A post was merged into an existing topic: Auto switching isn’t working, even with time scheduling